Tuesday, November 17, 2015

World War Two Weekend


This past weekend I got to indulge in one of my favorite hobbies! Living through the past, of course. I attended the annual WWII reenactment held in one of my favorite cities, Waxahachie, Texas, where I used to live. I was decked out in 1940's clothing head to toe. I purchased this suit online and everything else was found in antique or thrift stores. My wonderful boyfriend bought me this mink to go with the outfit!

All photos are taken by my mother Mindy Smith unless stated otherwise.


The shoes I am wearing are 1930's/1940's Sears and Roebuck. I am also wearing authentic nylon stockings with a beautiful seam!



Now featuring my boyfriend, who I met at this same reenactment exactly a year ago! We celebrated by taking photos in the exact same place we did last year. 











(Photo with Emily Seamster)






We ended the night at the Roger's Hotel, one of my favorite dinner spots. (Photo from Lance Armstrong)

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful in this outfit, and oh so authentic!! Karen x

    ReplyDelete